Hello, and welcome this week’s Mood and Music Monday!
Mood and Music Monday is a weekly meme I’ve started, wherein I’ll post a song and talk about how it relates to my day/week, as well as a few other things. (And, in case anyone’s wondering, this meme has no relation to Lauren’s [from Always Me] “Music Mondays.”) Feel free to participate and to leave a link to your posts down in the comments!
Here’s the update for this week:
SONG(S) OF THE WEEK
What are you listening to? I’ve been getting into The Lumineers more. I really like this song, especially the acoustic demo. I loved the atmosphere that this stripped-down version gives, and how it tells both sides of a failed young love.
What are you reading? I’ve finished Heartless, P.S. I Still Love You, and Cinder, and I’m currently reading Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
What are you drinking? Water and Kombucha. 🙂
Any goals for this week? Staying on top of beta reading. I must do this. (Stop distracting me, Internet! Or maybe I’m distracting myself?)
How about you?
- What song(s) are you listening to today?
- What is your current read? Are you enjoying it?
- Do you have any plans or goals for this week?
The Sunshine Blogger Award
I was nominated by Katy Hatcher from Ardent Attachments for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thanks, Katy! I’ve never been nominated for anything before, so I’m honored. ^_^ This was so much fun! Hopefully, I’ll get to do more challenges like this in the future. 🙂 Please go check out Katy’s blog if you’re looking for anything book-related and aesthetically-pleasing, to boot.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger award logo in a post/on your site.
1. Favorite book-to-film adaptation?
Oooh, this is a tough one. If I had to pick just one, though, I think I’d go with “The Princess Bride.” That movie played a prominent role in my childhood, and its charm just never gets old. ^_^
2. Following on – what book do you want to be made into a TV show/film?
THE ILLUMINAE FILES. SERIOUSLY. All caps lock aside, this series would make such a cool film series/show. It’s action-packed, intense, and very, very stressful, and the characters are just…*squeezes Ezra to death, and tries to squeeze AIDAN but hesitates because wants to avoid getting killed*
3. Lastly – now dreamcast that film/tv show, only a few characters.
Zoey Deutch as Kady: Kady is just as strong-willed and fiesty as she is sensitive–a fierce, determined hacker trying desperately to save the people she loves–and I feel Zoey would be able to show this balance well.
Josh Hutchinson as Ezra: Ezra is such a smol bean, and so is Josh, so I think he’d be able to depict Ezra really, really well–really cheesy and sappy, but heartfelt and strong and loyal. I know he played Peeta in The Hunger Games adaptions and it might be weird to see him in another YA adaption, but I think he’d handle the role well.
And, for AIDAN, I think I’d go with…
Photo courtesy of Ed Campion and Wikimedia Commons via CC BY 2.0. No changes were made other than making the photo smaller.
Just kidding. In all honestly, I’d probably want Jay Kristoff himself to voice AIDAN in the movie/show. He’s the one who wrote the scenes from AIDAN’s POV, so it would be interesting to see AIDAN’s character come alive (or, as alive as an AI can get, anyway) via the (co)author himself.
4. If you were to write a book, what do you think your main character would be called?
I actually am an author, heheh–just not a published one. The main character of my current work in progress is named Ezekiel. But, for new stories, I’ve been considering names like Evelyn, Stephen, Moe, Rowan, and Pippa. They have this little ring to them that I really like.
5. What are three songs you adore and why?
This is probably the hardest question in this whole set. Let’s give it a go…
1) “Goner” by twenty one pilots–This is my go-to cry song. Sometimes, I’m really scared I’ll just disappear entirely, and this song is a scream (quite literally) for help. To be noticed. To be loved.
2) “From Eden” by Hozier–For me, this song is about the devil you know, and Hozier’s voice makes this song so entrancing and seductive, just like I imagine the devil would sound, if he could sing.
3) “This is Gospel (Piano Version)” by Panic! At The Disco–Brendan Urie has a fantastic voice, and everything about this song is beautiful: the piano, the vocals, the lyrics. It’s one of those songs where everything resonates with me, and I love it to pieces.
6. Do you play video games? What are a couple of your favorites?
I actually can’t play video games. Like, at all. But I enjoy watching others play them. If the Wii counts, though, I like “Just Dance” and “Wii Sports.” (They’re easy, heheh.)
7. What book would you like to play through as a video game?
The Divergent series, please–especially the simulations. That’d be so, so cool.
8. What is your favourite Disney film?
THIS QUESTION IS EVIL. But, in all seriousness, I’d have to choose The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It’s so underrated, but the story is heartrendingly beautiful, and the music is fantastic. (Also, Clopin is my bae.)
9. What three book characters would you like to have lunch with?
Oooh, I love this question! 😀 It’s a tricky one to answer, though. If I had to pick, I’d want Death from The Book Thief, Laia from An Ember in the Ashes, and Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows. I imagine Death would quickly grow disillusioned with my intense conversations with Laia (because we’re practically the same person), and Kaz would probably be sneaking waffles to give to Jesper and the rest of the gang. 😉
10. If you were to get a book-related tattoo, what would you get?
Ahh! Something Six of Crows-related. (Probably “No Mourners, No Funerals” written with a tulip [for my precious flower Matthias] and a crow in the background.)
11. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Bacon! Or maybe pancakes? (Maybe bacon pancakes?)
Nah, I’m just kidding. Cake is my favorite breakfast food.
Stop judging me. Stop it right now.
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. If you could pick one book to describe yourself–one book you feel best represents you–which book would that be, and why?
3. Which song is your favorite, and why?
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be, and why?
5. Which 2017 release are you most looking forward to, and why?
6. Do you like hardcovers, paperbacks, or ebooks best?
7. Are you a procrastinator, or do you work ahead?
8. Which school subject is your favorite, and why?
9. Which movie release of 2016 was your favorite?
10. Describe yourself in 10 words.
11. What is one piece of advice you would give to your past self?
Elle @ Perusing Pages
Stacee @ Adventures of a Book Junkie
Sasha @ Down the Reading Blog
Brigid @ Wordfare
Rayne @ Rayne Adams
Alli @ A Bookish Alli
Laura @ readinglust
Brittany @ Brittany’s Book Rambles
Maryam @ Once Upon a Story
Marne @ Abooktropolis
The lovely ladies @ NovelKnight